Compliments, Complaints, Comments and Concerns

Please tell us your views about services provided by New Lake Peer Support Ltd. Your comments can help us to improve our services and plan for the future.


If you are happy with any part of the service you receive, please let us know. We are always pleased to hear about services working well. You can contact us by telephone, e-mail, write to us or tell a member of staff.

Comments and Concerns

We would like to hear from you if you have a comment or suggestions on how we can improve our service, or if you would just like to talk to someone about your concerns. You can contact us by telephone, e-mail, write to us or tell a member of staff.

How to complain

If you are unhappy about a service we provide, a decision we have made, a policy or procedure or the support we have arranged for you, please tell us and we will try to sort out the problem.

Making a complaint will not affect your right to receive our services.

We will treat your complaint in a way that protects your privacy and we will respect confidentiality.

You can ask an advocate or someone to act on your behalf to help you make a complaint. There are a number of advocacy services that provide this kind of help like, Disability Advocacy NSW Inc., you can contact them on 1300 365 085.

Complaints can be made in a number of ways, in a letter, email, over the phone or in person. We will help you if you need assistance in making a complaint. For example, we can organise an interpreter if you need one.

We aim to resolve complaints as quickly and informally as possible. You can make a complaint to any staff member.

If you do not feel able to do this, are not sure who to speak to or you are unhappy with the response from the staff member you can contact the Manager. You can contact the Manager by telephoning (02) 4963 6420 or via email: or in writing to:

The General Manager
New Lake Peer Support Ltd.
PO Box 3295
Merewether NSW 2291

What will happen when I make a complaint?

When you contact us we will need to know what has happened and what you think should be done to put things right. We will contact you about the best way to deal with your complaint and how quickly we will be able to reply to you.

If the complaint is simple then it may be resolved immediately. If our staff need to make further enquiries, it may take a few weeks to resolve. In most cases, it will be your service Co-ordinator who will deal with your complaint.

Where the complaint is about a more difficult matter it may take longer to resolve.

Once your complaint is resolved as far as possible, you will be informed of the outcome.

Sometimes it may not be possible for a complaint to be resolved completely. If this is the case, staff will work with you to look at other options to address your concerns. Staff may follow up with you afterwards to check that the outcomes of the complaint handling process is meeting your needs.

What if I am unhappy with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint you can contact us and ask us to review how the complaint was dealt with. You can do this in a letter, email, over the phone or in person. Members of the Management Board may undertake the review.

The Board may gather additional information to review the decision. This may or may not lead to changes to the original decision. After you have asked us to review your complaint, and you are still not satisfied with the final decision or the way we have dealt with your complaint you can contact outside agencies that may be able to help. These include:

 – NSW Ombudsman

You can contact the Ombudsman for advice at any time. Further information about the NSW Ombudsman can be found at or by calling (02) 9286 1000 or 1800 451 524 (rural/regional callers only).

 – Anti Discrimination Board

You can complain to the Anti Discrimination Board about discrimination, harassment and vilification. The Anti Discrimination Board investigates and conciliates such complaints. Further information can be found at or by calling (02) 9268 5555 or 1800 670 812 (rural/regional callers only).


WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann